Your muscles could be exhausted and fatigue, not enough blood may be getting to them, lack of stretching, or overexertion could get you those ouch! annoying muscle cramps.
Here’s a few tips for making sure you don’t get them, and what you can do to loosen and get rid of them:
- Stretch first! – Seriously, improves blood flow and warms your muscles up for the rough times that are coming
- Sleep properly – lack of good nights’ rest will affect your muscle fatigue. They need rest. If you don’t sleep enough, you could also get myoclonic jerks, which are equally annoying (link to other post)
- Stay hydrated and eat healthy – pretty simple, your muscles need nutrition and energy to operate. Give it to them in good order. A lack of nutrients or water can cramp your muscles when you exert them.
- Stop overexertion, and rest – like sleep, rest is always needed. If you’ve been pushing yourself too hard and cramp up, give yourself a break
- Stretch again! Didn’t I say that a second ago? It’s gotta be pretty serious.
Keep these five ideas in the back of your head every day and take good care of your muscles. You need all of them to push and pull you throughout your day.